(b. 1986, Palermo) I gained my first degree in Industrial Design at Palermo University. I worked for three months at the Agrigento advertising agency Stand Up on graphic and corporate identity projects and organising events and exhibitions. I worked for three months at the Roberto Fazio Studio as interaction and graphic designer. In April 2013 I gained my second degree in the Masters programme in Visual and Multimedia Communication at the Faculty of Design and Arts, Iuav University of Venice. My specialism is interaction design and my main interests are graphic and product design, art and new technologies. I’m strong in project management, concept generation, physical computing and prototyping. I like wires and circuits and I’m very interested in programming. I like to work in a team because it’s good to have someone to discuss ideas with and it´s always more fun, but I have no problem to work alone and I’m good at working under pressure to meet deadlines. To know more about me download my CV.
- Strong in Adobe CS6 Suite: After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro.
- Strong in 3d software: Autocad, Rhinoceros; good in Maxon Cinema 4d, V-Ray.
- Good in creative coding and physical computing: Arduino, Processing, X-code (iProcessing); basic in C++.
- Good in Video making and editing: Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut.
- Basic knowledge of CSS, HTML, PHP.
- Graduate degree in Visual and Multimedia Communication, specializing in Interaction Design, Iuav, University of Venice.
- Undergraduate degree in Industrial Design at Faculty of Architecture, University of Palermo.
- Science High School Liceo Leonardo, Agrigento.
- 2012 | Interaction and graphic designer | 3-month internship, Roberto Fazio Studio, Bologna.
I worked in video editing, websites, graphic design, programming code and modeling and animation 2d/3d;
- 2009 | Graphic designer | 3-month internship, Stand Up Srl, Agrigento.
I designed the corporate identity of a travel agency, and the layout of a brochure; I worked on the “Dalla Sicilia, oltre la Sicilia” exhibition.
- 2012 | Physical Computing | Giorgio Oliviero | Iuav | two intensive weeks
I developed an interactive minigame using Arduino;
- 2012 | Exhibit 2012 Mobile | Daniele Savasta | Iuav | two intensive weeks
I designed an inclusive mobile app for tourism commissioned by Veasit company;
- 2011 | Data Visualization | Steffen Klaue | Iuav | two intensive week
I designed a service to control the language in movies, avoiding children’s exposure to undesirable content;
- 2011 | Type Design | Luciano Perondi | Iuav | four intensive weeks
I designed Tipomundi, an open-source character for maps, using FontLab;
- 2011 | Physical Computing | Yaniv Steiner | Iuav | one intensive week
Energy Consumption Awareness with Arduino;
- 2011 | Exhibit 2011 Mobile | Patricia Alonso Arroba, Jan Eckert, Marco Mason | Iuav | one intensive week
I designed a mobile app for museums and exhibition spaces;
- 2010 | Creative Coding | Till Nagel | Iuav | two intensive weeks
I developed a service of data analysis using Processing;
- 2008 | + & – | Design Department, University of Palermo | one week
The aim of the workshop was to reuse two materials: cardboard and polyethylene. My team designed a game-space for children;
- 2006 | Disegnare l’identità visiva | Leonardo Sonnoli | Design Department, University of Palermo | two intensive weeks
I developed a lettering for the MUDIPA museum of Palermo.
- Semifinalist in the Mobile Design category of the Adobe Design Achievement Awards 2012, for Words Movie Counter project;
- Semifinalist in the Mobile Design category of the Adobe Design Achievement Awards 2011, for elgobo project.
– mother tongue Italian;
– good in English speaking, reading and writing.